Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

How do I reset my pass word to get onto my computer

Customer Question

how do I reset my pass word to get onto my computer
Category: Email
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10 on the affected computer?

Please reply back using the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Windows 8
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

OK; do you see an EMAIL ADDRESS listed for your Windows account, at the logon screen?

Keep me posted.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

Please let me know what that email address is, and I'll go through the password ***** steps with you. Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What do I do ? this is not the the computer I ant to reset past word I can't get on it that's why I want t reset PW
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

No issues; could you let me know what's the email address that shows up on the logon screen now?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

OK; I'll reset the Windows password ***** you now. First, are you currently able to access your emails for the "*****@******.***" account?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The computer wants last PW used How do I bypass?
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

Yes, I'm going to reset the Windows password ***** you now, but you will need to follow my questions/directions carefully please.

Once again, are you currently able to access your emails for the "*******************" account?

Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

The reason I ask this is, I'm going to send a security code to your Yahoo account now; once you have provided me with the code you received, I'll go ahead and reset the Windows account password ***** you. Keep me posted.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My email acc is***@******.*** I can assess it from another computer
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

Okay, great - I have sent a security code (from Microsoft) to that Yahoo account now; could you please check your emails from the other computer, and let me know what's the code you received?

Do keep me posted.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The code is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

OK, perfect. Now, I'll reset the password ***** you; please let me know a NEW password ***** you would like to use for your Windows account from now on.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Kavelle01
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

OK, I have resetted your Windows password ***** Kavelle01 now; please try using that password ***** the computer now, and let me know if it works for you.

Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

If this password ***** for you, I'd appreciate it if you kindly take a moment to submit a positive rating at the top of this page. Thank you :)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am not trying to get into my email I need to get into a dest top which neede PW to get on
Kavelle01 I not work
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

Yes, I resetted the password ***** your desktop's Windows account itself (and not your email account.)

Did you make sure to capitalize the "K" while typing in the password? Could you try again, and let me know?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It still respon PC is offline Please sign with last PW used.
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

Hmm, okay. One moment; looking this up now. Please stand by,

Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

OK; now, please check the bottom of the logon screen carefully - do you see any WIFI/network icon listed there? If so, click on that and then connect to your WIFI network first.

Done that, try logging in with the (new) password ***** more time; does it let you in?

Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

Alternatively, please connect an Ethernet cable from your router to your desktop directly, and then try logging in with the password. Keep me posted.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
we are not having ant luck
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

Do this now: please restart the desktop once, using the Power icon at the bottom of the logon screen.

Done restarting, try entering the new password ***** more time. What happens now?

Keep me posted.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
we are not having any luck, we need to get pass the log in for this computer to get to the desk top
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

Yes, please see my above reply.

Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

Your password ***** the computer has been resetted all right; we just need to get past this "Your PC is offline" error. Please do a complete restart now, and then try entering the new password ***** more time. Let me know.

Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

If this does not work either, we will carry out a factory reset of your desktop PC next. Please keep me posted.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok trying that now will let u know
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

Okay, thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Did not working back to where started msg is go to accept live
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

Which password ***** you use this time?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It says ow is incorrect it wants Microsoft acc pw
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

What password ***** you type in, this time? Please let me know the exact password ***** typed in; thanks

Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

Hello?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What is the factory reset info
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

One moment; providing you with the info now. Before that, could you confirm if you used Kavelle01 as the password ***** time?

Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

Now, at the logon screen, please click on the Power icon at the bottom-right, and then HOLD down the Shift key (on your keyboard) and click "Restart" (while still holding down the key.)

Does a blue "Choose an option" screen show up this time?

Keep me posted.

Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

So, you have gone offline now. Please do not leave your expert hanging like this in the future, but instead try to provide responses in a timely fashion. We will not be credited in any way until our customer's issue has been resolved. Thanks anyway.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not working waisted money thanks
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

Good bye.