James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I need to recover the password to my 12 year old daughters

Customer Question

I need to recover the password ***** my 12 year old daughters email.. we have been trying for three days and the emails that yahoo has sent are not helpful. we need to speak to someone
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me the email address that you want to recover so that I can check your recovery options?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for that information. Please allow me to check your recovery options.

Meanwhile, can you please tell me the following:

1. Is she using a computer to access this email? Or is she using a mobile phone all the time?
  2. If she is using a computer, is she using a web browser like Internet Explorer or Chrome? Or is she using an email program like MS Outlook 2010?

Please let me know so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Mostly her phone and in chrome but not on keychain
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for that information. Please give me a moment to check your recovery options. I will get back to you shortly.

Jess

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is anyone there??
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for writing back. After checking your daughter's email account recovery options, it appears that there is NONE available. This means that, she did not provide an alternate email address and a mobile number in her Yahoo Mail account that are used primarily to recover the account in situations like this.

If a Yahoo Mail account is hacked or compromised or the password ***** ***** the only procedure to recover the account is to reset it so that you can assign a NEW password ***** remembering the OLD password.

So Yahoo will send a code through SMS text, or a reset link through email. But in your case, there is no alternate email and mobile number added in the account so reset or recovery is not possible.

Your only option is to submit the recovery form where you can describe the problem and Yahoo team will look into it for you.

Have you submitted the recovery form already?

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the email issues while you watch?

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have and there is an alternate email address. I've recovered the password ***** It's not letting me now.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for writing back. I tried the recovery for the account and there are no recovery options available so I got the message that online reset is not an option. Thus, the only way to recover he account is through the account recovery form.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in the process of recovering the problem Yahoo Mail account?

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess