James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I had my email forwarded to my wife's account while my

Customer Question

Customer: I had my email forwarded to my wife's account while my office was being remodeled. My email address is ***** [email protected] Hers is***@******.***.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The transfer was unenabled on Dec.23, and. I did not get the mail between the 22nd and the 28th on either account
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Email Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you still able to access your @egr.msu.edu email account? If yes, are you using a web browser to send and receive emails? Or are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2010?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have access to my egr.msu.edu account, but will be leaving in about 10 minutes.I use mazilla service
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. So you are using Thunderbird.

Now, you mentioned that you forwarded an email to your wife's Gmail account. Can you please check your Mozilla's Sent folder if the email was indeed sent?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it was sent through the 22nd, but not between the 22nd and the 28th.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Ok, thank you for writing back with that information.

Are you trying to forward or fetch your @.egr.edu email with your wife's Gmail?

If you are forwarding the emails, and you are using Thunderbird, you need to do it manually. If you forwarded it on 22nd, you need to forward new emails on the 23rd and onwards since the forwarding is manual and not automatic unless you configured it.

By "fetching", that is the automatic option. That is, Gmail will fetch the emails from your @edu account automatically.

Which option did you do: forwarding or Gmail fetching?

Please let me know so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the emails were automatically forwarded to her account.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the problem while you watch?

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no, I am not happy with tis process. just forget it
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

I am very sorry if I was not able to help. But if you need further assistance any time with this issue, please let me know. I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess