Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I downloaded windows 10. I had my user name and password and

Customer Question

I downloaded windows 10. I had my user name and password ***** it doesn't work. I tried to get the password ***** user name and they would only send it to the address I can't get in. what should I do? I can not get into my msn email.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does it show the msn email address at the password ***** login screen of the problematic computer? Or does it show another email address?

Does it show a name or username at the password ***** login screen?

Please try the following fix:

Solution #1:

- On another working computer (or on a tablet or smartphone), please reset your MSN email account password ***** the website below and check:

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

, there, select the option "I forgot my password", then click on Next

, then enter your msn email address in the first box (or whatever the email address showing on the problematic computer)

, then in the second box, enter the characters as shown on the page, then click on Next

, and follow the instructions there in order to reset the password, then try it on the problematic computer.

- If it does not work, please let me know, so I can provide another solution.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

It looks like you are not there. Let me provide another solution you can try when you are available:

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try the following on the problematic Windows 10 computer:

1. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  5. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
    When prompted, select the option "Remove everything" and "Just remove files", and continue.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.