Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Windows 10 was downloaded to my computer a few months ago.

Customer Question

Windows 10 was downloaded to my computer a few months ago. Today at 11AM a windows update was done and now all my excel is missing. I have Office 2007 and everything worked fine until today's update. I tried the fix: Microsoft office, Excel Questions, Advanced, General, Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange, click OK. It didn't fix anything.
What's the next step to getting my excel back on Office 2007 and that keeps it working on any future updates.
Thanks,
***@******.***
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?

Do you mean all your excel files are gone? Or are they still there, but you cannot open them?

Is Microsoft Office Word still working or not?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi -The files are there, they just won't open. Word does open.My cell phone # ***** *****Thanks.

Is there any error or message?

I do live online support. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix this issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or you can e-mail the info if you prefer.e-mail is***@******.***

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix this issue directly on your computer together with you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just e-mail the fix.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is getting quite costly for a Free update.Cancel the transaction, don't bill me for the time. I'll buy a 2010 office update instead.

With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

Remote support is quicker and easier for you since I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you as this issue can be complicated; it seems you've tried a lot already. Otherwise, I will try providing written instructions.

What happens when you open an Excel file? What is the error or message?

There is no additional cost at all. Please let me know. Don't worry, we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

I'm an independent computer support tech. There is no additional cost at all, and I guarantee to fix this issue for you, so you do not need to buy a new Office version as it is a lot more expensive. Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service, so you do not need to worry about anything. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.