flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant 30 years in nyc computer industry working with PC and networks banks brokerage legal etc.
23372949

Fix error 0x80072f7d in windows 10 mail

Customer Question

Fix error 0x80072f7d in windows 10 mail
Category: Email
Expert:  Maurice replied 11 months ago.

Hello Robert, my name is ***** ***** I'll try to help you with that problem. Could you please tell me who is your email provider? Many thanks, Maurice

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
windows 10 mail. I am trying to transfer e mail I generated from a web hosting co. (webhostinghub). It is***@******.***. Windows mail says my settings are out of date and the error message is 0x80072f7d.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Any luck?
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 11 months ago.

i suspect that the issue may be what they say.

either your settings / password ***** ***** or the email hosting company has stopped your account.

can you try going to www.mail2web.com

if you put what you have in there it should get to your email that way. Not as a solution but as a test to see whether the problem is with the windows mail or with the hosting company or your settings.

let me know the results and we can go from there once we have a better idea of where the problem lies

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Tried your last idea and it did not work. So still unresolvef...ideas to move forward? Thanks

well if it could not connect from there than its not just your computer or program

something is wrong with the email server that you are getting the mail from

Do you know who hosts the email and what their server settings are and the password ?

Can you contact them to make sure that the ones you have are correct

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok...will do. Still unresolved...contact you tomorrow...thanks

ok let me know. I can log in remotely to work on it with you but until you are sure of the settings and password ***** there isnt much that i can do. It sounds like a private domain and that means it could be hosted by anybody. I can find the settings for some standard companies like gmail but you are still best off getting it directly from the host.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK...remote tomorrow

sounds good. just bookmark this page so you can get back here

or if you want to accept the offer today i can give you my phone number immediately and you can just call me tomorrow.