Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

When Windows 10 was downloaded in February? all was well

Customer Question

When Windows 10 was downloaded in February? all was well except that I couldn't use Live Mail because a file was missing MSVCR110.dll
I tried to use one of the websites claiming that they could fix the problem but had no luck. I took my lap top to the local computer shop and they fix the problem and charged me $180.00.
Last week Windows said that they wanted to send Updates and I was to leave the computer on. The Updates were down loaded and then installed and now I cannot use live mail because the file MSVCR110.dll is again missing. I want this problem fixed.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?

- Please right-click on the Start (windows logo) icon at the bottom left of the keyboard, then click on Control Panel, then open Programs / Programs and Features. Then there, double-click on the item Windows Essentials, and Repair... it, then check.

- If that does not work, please download / install the Windows Essentials program at the website below and check:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/essentials

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Actually, please try this first:

1. Right-click on the Start button (which is the windows logo icon located at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on Control Panel

; (or press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type control then click OK)

, then open System and Security -> System, then check if the System type is 32-bit or 64-bit

; (or press at the same time the two keys Windows and Pause on the keyboard.)

2. Then download and install the "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update" at the website below first, and check:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

, there, click on the Download button

, then check the appropriate box:

; for 64-bit: check the box at the option "VSU_4\vcredist_x64.exe"

; for 32-bit; check the box at the option "VSU_4\vcredist_x86.exe"

, then click on Next at the bottom right

, then install it.

- If it does not work, please try my previous suggestion above to repair and/or reinstall Windows Essentials....

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank