Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Help! I'm in deep ca ca here. Yesterday morning, I was

Customer Question

Hi Guys, help! I'm in deep ca ca here. Yesterday morning, I was deleting my old emails, junk mail etc.., and I got a little popup box with a spanner and screwdriver in it, so I deleted it, then it popped up again several more times, and I kept deleting it, and then, the last time i deleted it, all my emails, contacts and other outlook data disappeared. I've still got the program, but no data, and no further emails, which is just not possibly right for me. My operating system is an apple mac desktop 2012 model, with OSX 10.9.5., loaded with some microsoft office programs.
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

The emails / folders / contacts you are missing.. Those were all stored within microsoft outlook, correct?

can you clarify what version of outlook you have installed and are using, 2008, 2011, 2016 ?

Also, do you use any backup software, such as the built in time machine program?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response DustinOutlook for Mac 2011We have time machine
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Excellent.. If you already had time machine turned on and running.. Then getting everything back should be simple ( for the most part )

We need to restore your outlook profile through time machine. Heres how to do so.

Go to the folder with the Main Identity in it

That folder is located here.. documents, microsoft user data , office 2011 identities.. Its probably the main identity folder we want to restore.. but restoring the entire office 2011 identity folder would probably work.
Now open Time Machine
Go back in time to the date you want
select the Main Identity
Restore

Quit Time Machine and then launch Outlook

All your emails should now be there.

let me know if this works, or if you run into any issues.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Hello again.

I never heard back from you after the suggestion I made to try reloading your outlook data via time machine. Were you able to carry out those steps.

Did they work? Or do you need further assistance?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S.