Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I am getting anywhere from 150 - 200 spams a day. where do I

Customer Question

I am getting anywhere from 150 - 200 spams a day. where do I find the spam filter and how do I use it so these don't go in my in box and stop getting them altogether. I just started getting these the week before Thanksgiving. They were not a problem before that.
Category: Email
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, i'm Tim and will be assisting you. What email service are you using?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
gmail
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Ok, are you using www.gmail.com, or a mail client on your desktop like outlook or thunderbird?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using www.gmail.com
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Gotcha, thanks for the info.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Pretty Easy to solve, simply select the emails with the check box that you want to me listed as spam, and want gmail to learn that it is spam. After selecting the spam from different entities over the course of a week or so Gmail will learn what you consider spam and do not, it is pretty good about it but sometimes you need to check your spam folders. I am up loading an image of my gmail with arrows showing you the two messages i selected as spam and the button to hit.

Tim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had just been hitting the delete spam button and deleting all of them at once. Do I need to click each one of them I am getting and then delete it? Is this why I keep getting from the same ones all the time?
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

you need to check them one by one unfortunately, after a bit of training google learns whos sending them and you will no longer be getting them.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

It's a good system, but not perfect.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. Will give it a try. Hope it works. Do I need to click on the button u sent?
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

yes, at the top you must click that image that is in the image i attached.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

If you have further questions, feel free to come back and ask me in this same question for free, please do not forget to accept the question and rate me so i do compensated for my time. I will be on and off the entire day, so if you have any problems, just let me know.

Tim