Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

My email address is linked to another person who has a

Customer Question

My email address is linked to another person who has a google account. How do I remove my email address from this person's account ?
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?

How do you know that your email account is linked to another person's google account?

If you have received any email message from Google, do you see any instruction in it to unlink / remove or something similar?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a hotmail account. When i entered my email to set up a google account, Google responded saying my email was linked to my partner Wilfred Leroux, possibly as an emergency email back up on his account. I tried to remove my partner from my email account, but when I try and sign in to create a google account for myself, he keeps coming up.

Did he try to log in his google account and check? Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, he is working away from the house at the moment.

He would need to log in his google account and remove your email address (as the recovery / alternate email address.) Or you could just create a new google account with a new gmail email address. Please let me know your option. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you. I will ask him to remove my email address as the alternate on his account when he returns.

You're welcome. He can log in his google account at

http://myaccount.google.com/

, then he can check in both sections "Sign-in & security" and "Personal info & privacy"), and delete / remove your hotmail email address.

Do you need anything else for now?

Please reply at the box below, and let me know how it goes when he has tried. Thank you.

Note: If there is issue with google account login, then you can reset the google account password ***** the website below:

https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/

Thank you.

If you still need help with this issue, or if you need help with anything else, please reply at the box below, so I can help further. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Happy holidays! Thank you very much,