Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming
74139101

I forgot my yahoo e-mail password and the only recovery

Customer Question

I forgot my yahoo e-mail password ***** the only recovery feature I had added was my phone number. Unfortunately, I had gotten a new phone number and can no longer receive text messages to the number listed in my yahoo account. How can I retrieve my e-mail?
Category: Email
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

Have you previously logged into that email address from the computer you're on now?

If so, may I start a remote session so we can work on the problem together from your computer?

Please reply using the box below.

Regards,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no, I have not
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.

Do you have access to any device where you've logged into the account successfully?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a cell phone that no longer has service
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
but I do not currently have it with me, its at home
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.

Hmm - unfortunately our options aren't many, there's no magical way to reset it with the click of a button but if we can get access to either an iPhone / iPad you've used to log into the account or a computer I may be able to recover it for you.

Alternatively, if it hasn't been too long since you cancelled the old phone number, your only choice may be to re-activate it so you can get back in.

Is that something you can do?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Its a possibility, depends on the fees attached to it
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
can a iPhone that no longer has cell service still connect to wifi?
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.

Yes, indeed it can.

Regarding the fees - that's something you need to ask your phone company as they are the ones that would be re-activating the line

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
okay, is there someone that would be available this evening to chat with when I am at home and have access to the old phone?
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.

Sure, I will be here - you can use this very same page to contact me.

You can either save it to favorites by pressing Ctrl+D or check your email for a link back to this page

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks so much, Martin. I will get ahold of you later tonight.
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.

You're welcome!

If you have any doubts or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you're happy with the service I'm providing so far feel free to click on one of the 5 stars above followed by Finish as it would be greatly appreciated!

Remember you can continue replying to me until you've got all the information you need.

Regards,