James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

My Apple MacBook Pro, purchased in June of 2011, is not

Customer Question

My Apple MacBook Pro, purchased in June of 2011, is not allowing my apple mail system to go online. I was having this problem since August of 2015 and thought the problem was my online system. I have purchased a new system and am online but my apple mail does not allow me to use it to send on my gmail account. I can go directly to gmail and communicate, but much prefer the apple email. It will not work. My phone number is(###) ###-####
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 11 months ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.

May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?

Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I need some assistance. While I am now online, I much prefer the Apple app which connects me directly to my email account rather than having to go through a gmail window.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is this in addition to the original $30???

Yes. There is an additional charge because the remote will take a bit more of my time. That will be the last charge.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
$75?

Yes, your calculation is correct. If you are not satisfied with my work in the end, you are eligible for a full refund.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok. I just do not understand how I went from first tech to you. Either way, I will accept $75 charges.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Alright, now it is saying an error in my payment. What is the deal?

The deal may be that your credit card company is blocking payment. You may need to contact them and request for them to remove the block.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay, I am canceling everything and will go and request phone line assistance. Since I have a Ph.D., I do not think I am incapable of understanding this program. Maybe someone needs to reconsider this app. I requested help and it became more and more convoluted. My credit card is not blocked. Regardless, cancel this request, Jason. Thank you.

I only suggested that the credit card was blocked because that happens frequently. The card company may block the payment if they do not recognize the company.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Did not recognize Apple?????

We are not "Apple". We are Justanswer.