James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I love Eudora, but just recently, I have been unable to

Customer Question

I love Eudora, but just recently, I have been unable to receive email. I can send okay for the moment but cannot receive. I have used Windows 10 for a while now but only recently had this problem with Eudora. I have been unable to find any other software that downloads directly to my computer, both email and attachments.
Category: Email
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I use Windows 10 and have not had a problem with Eudora on it for several months. I use Eudora 7. My desire is to get Eudora back up and running. I want the functionality of receiving email and attachments directly onto my computer's hard drive and not have them in the cloud.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
My actual question is how do I get Eudora back up and running to both send and receive directly to my computer.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have played with the options settings on POP to no avail. The email works fine via Yahoo mail (on a browser) on the cloud. There I can send and receive but I do not want cloud service.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 12 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, Please Open Eudora and Please send out a test email to your email account by entering your email address into "To" section and check if you receive that email into Inbox or not.

login into your webmail account and delete useless emails. Please restart your computer once and then check it.

Let me know the results

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 12 months ago.

has everything worked out please?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I can send from computer Eudora but I can only receive on web Yahoo mail set up to same account. I want to receive the message on computer Eudora. My satisfaction is only when I can use computer Eudora to both send and receive. Currently I can only send.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I was told that only $5 would be deducted from my account until satisfaction is obtained. I just received a $31 hit on my credit card. It seems you have reversed the billing. This is deceptive.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 12 months ago.

I will do my best to solve the issue, please follow the steps by steps instruction at the link below and let me know the results :

https://www.siteground.com/kb/cannot_receive_email_using_eudora/

Hope this help

Thank you

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
This did not work. There are limits to what Eudora allows me to do on options. The suggestions you offered are internet related and do not work with the Eudora software. So, no, there is no solution that you have offered.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I am reading your responses on the cloud yahoo mail and not on Eudora which cannot receive email, like it has since I first starting using it more than 12 years ago.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I am using Eudora 7. You have directed me to Thunderbird. That is not Eudora.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 12 months ago.

Please try one of these solutions :

I. Turn of MAPI in Eudora
1. Start Eudora.
2. Click on Tools in the menu bar.
3. Click on Options at the bottom of the Tools menu. This will open the Options window.
4. On the left side of the Options window, scroll down until you locate the MAPI icon.
5. Click on the MAPI icon.
6. Ensure the "Use Eudora MAPI server" option is set to "Never".
7. Click OK. The Options window will close.
8. Exit Eudora.
9. Start Eudora.

If the error still occurs, try to reinstall eudora.

If the problem persists, you can use Thunderbird, please download from : https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

Hope this help

Thanks

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have always (over a decade) had MAPI set to "never" on the line that says "use Eudora MAPI server" and "delete MAPI attachments. I have tried to both check and uncheck the options "send single MAPI file attachment as inline attachment" and "warn on MAPI auto-send of messages". Checking or unchecking makes no difference on sending (okay) or receiving (unable to receive.).
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I do have options under "use Eudora MAPI server" of "never", "when Eudora is running", and "always". I have never had anything checked but "never".
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 11 months ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.

May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?

Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not want to spend more money. Since the problem has not been solved, I assume that I will be charged only the $5 and not the $31 that seems to have been taken on the credit card. Thank you anyway.