Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

I've got a website on Yahoo Sitebuilder. When trying to

Customer Question

I've got a website on Yahoo Sitebuilder. When trying to publish, it gives an error message saying:
"Your session has expired. Please try again. You will be required to enter a new user name and password".
I changed my pass word. Still no luck. Says the same thing each time I try to publish. Not sure what to do about changing my "user name". That seems like it's requiring me to register a whole new email account. If so, how does that affect my website which is registered under:***@******.***
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
Category: Email
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I advise you to not close any pages, or close any tabs in your browser, just before publishing.

A 'session has expired' message means either that it is too long since you last logged in, or else that you closed the browser tab or browser window in which the login was done (which sometimes logs you off, with some websites.)

I think, though I am less sure of this, that the 'new user name and password' might be a bad case of nerd-speak gone wrong. Probably what is meant is, 'enter your user name and password *****'. That's certainly what it would mean, if you close a browser tab or browser window.