Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Is there a way to return to the old Hotmail looking outlook

Customer Question

Is there a way to return to the old Hotmail looking outlook that was in effect until about 2-4 months ago ?. What they have done to it is AWFULL. So many more steps to take now, stupid pop-ups constantly getting in the way. I hate it !!!
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10 or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have 7. But won't have time for a remote support session for a couple of days.

Hotmail does not let you go back to old version, but I can make it run better and remove any popup for you. I can provide steps to fix the issue you can try when you are available.

What is your internet browser program, such as Internet Explorer, or Firefox, or Chrome, etc.?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Solution #1:

- You can try clearing cache and reset in your Internet browser and check. For Internet Explorer, would do the following:

1. Close all Internet Explorer windows / websites for now.
  2. Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
  3. Open Network and Internet, open Internet Options.
  4. Then click on Delete and delete only temporary internet website files.
  5. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
  6. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
  7. Then close.
  8. Then check email.

If you use another internet browser program, like Firefox or Chrome, etc., please let me know. Thank you.

Solution #2:

- Download and install the Adblock Plus at the website below, and check:

https://adblockplus.org/

; this would block popups / ads. Thank you.

Solution #3:

- Download and install the Google Chrome internet browser program at the website below:

https://www.google.com/chrome/

; keep defaults options during installation, and skip /cancel google account sign in when prompted

, then open Google Chrome program and go to the hotmail.com website in Google Chrome program, and sign in and see if your email works fine in Google Chrome program

; if needed, also, go to the website adblockplus.org in Google Chrome, and install it, then check email.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.

If you still need help with this issue or if you have any other computer question / issue, please reply back, so I can help further. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service on this page, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,

It's been a few days. How is it going? Please let me know if you still need help with this or not. Please keep me updated. Thank you.