James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I was wondering if it is possible to locate the country a

Customer Question

hello, I was wondering if it is possible to locate the country a person is emailing me from?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Yes, you can track where the email was sent from, to a country level, down to the city level. Do you want me to remotely access your computer so that I can do it for you while you watch?

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can u just answer my question, how do I do this.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for writing back. In order for me to give you precise steps on tracking where a person is emailing you from, I need more information.

1. How do you access your email? Are you using a web browser like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or Safari? Or are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2007, 2010 or 2013, or Windows Live Mail or Mac Mail?
  2. What email service are you using or where you receive your emails? Is it Gmail? Hot mail? Yahoo Mail? AOL? Or others?

Please let me know so that I can give you the steps to track an email sender.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Jess