IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My account has been breached and my contacts are receiving

Customer Question

My account has been breached and my contacts are receiving spam messages. I want to change my password ***** stop this.
Category: Email
Expert:  IT Miro replied 12 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****

I can assist you with changing the password ***** securing your e-mail account. Let me know which e-mail service you use, for example: GMail, Yahoo!, AOL, etc.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
my email address is***@******.***
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
What shall I do now?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 12 months ago.

Thanks!

Are you able to access the account, or none of the passwords work?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
My password ***** worked just fine. The only problem is that others have obviously stolen it to use in sending spam messages.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 12 months ago.

I understand. In that case, I suggest changing the current password ***** that only you can continue to have access to the account.

Hold on, I will provide the instructions for you now...

Expert:  IT Miro replied 12 months ago.

To begin, please click on the following link:

https://pt.rr.com/

You will see two options there. Since you know the current password, you can select "I know my email password ***** I want to change it" and follow the further instructions to change the password.

If you encounter problems, I am here to help you further.

Regards,

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I did as you suggested but I wonder about all of those who stole and used my account. How can I eliminate them?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Is it now true that others may not use my roadrunner email address because they do not know the password?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 12 months ago.

It is possible that a hacker went through the "reset password" procedure and answered the security question on file. For your account it is "Who is your favorite author?".

My suggestion is to change that security question (answer) in the account settings.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Okay I will. Will you show or tell me how?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 12 months ago.

It has been a while since I used a roadrunner account, so the instructions may not work now. So, to better assist you with changing the security question, I would like to start remote desktop assistance to your computer so that I can see the menus myself.

Let me if you would like that.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I've been told by local technicians never to do that. It is a little scary to me.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 12 months ago.

You can trust me. I am a professional. Everything I will see, you can see as well, so you can be sure I will only take a look at the account settings and nothing else. The whole procedure should take only several minutes, and then I will disconnect from your computer.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Okay.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 12 months ago.

Thanks!

Please click on the link below to download a remote desktop assistance program so that I can remotely connect to your computer:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=a94a1cd2-fd4a-47a4-b68a-562b9546be77

When a new web page opens, click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 12 months ago.

Connected.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 12 months ago.

It seems that changing the current security question can only be done by contacting the RoadRunner (Time Warner Cable) support. You can do that by calling this number: 1-***-***-****

For any other issue, feel free to contact me again.

Before you leave, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.

Regards,