James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I have a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 an Office 2010. I have

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Vin Celino. I have a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 an Office 2010. I have a Contacts List with 292 entries. The list shows when I click the Contact button at the lower left when in Outlook Mail, but when I am in a new email I cannot access the list to insert in the TO or CC list. Sounds much like a problem described on you web page by another customer. Before you answer, what are the charges?
Category: Email
Expert:  stonecold146 replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thank you for your query

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you to resolve your fault

Please can you try the following

The first step is to ensure that your Contacts folder is configured to be part of the Outlook Address Book. If it is, the next step is to reset the Outlook Address Book settings. Start with the first section below and, if necessary, continue with the second section.

Configure a Contacts folder as part of the Outlook Address Book

1. On the Go menu, click Folder List.

Keyboard shortcut To view the Folder List, press CTRL+6.

2. In the Navigation Pane, right-click the Contacts folder, and then click Properties.

3. On the Outlook Address Book tab, select the Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book check box.

If the check box is already selected or the option is dimmed or grayed out, proceed to the next section for additional steps.

Reset Outlook Address Book settings

1. On the Tools menu, click Account Settings.

2. Click the Address Books tab, and then do one of the following:

Please let me know if this resolves your issue

Regards

Ali

• If under Name, Outlook Address Book appears, do the following:

• Close the Account Settings dialog box.

• On the Tools menu, click Address Book.

• In the Address Book dialog box, on the Tools menu, click Options.

• Under Show this address list first, click Contacts.

NOTE If you are using a Microsoft Exchange Server account and want names from your organization's online address book or Global Address List to appear when you click To, Cc, or Bcc, click Global Address List instead of Contacts.

• Click OK, and then close the Address Book dialog box.

• If under Name, Outlook Address Book does not appear, do the following:

• On the Address Book tab, click New.

• Click Additional Address Books, and then click Next.

• Under Additional Address Book Types, click Outlook Address Book, and then click Next.

• On the Account Settings dialog box, click Close.

• Exit Outlook, wait one minute, and then restart Outlook.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on a Dell Laptop. I do not have a Go Menu unless you mean the field name that appears below. I also do not have a Tools option.I can open the Contact List using the button at the lower left of the screen. It displays the list with 292 entries that has been in use with Outlook for several years until this week when Microsoft made a huge update that took several hours to install. When I double click on an entry that I know has an active email address (my wife's) it takes me to the input screen for contacts showing the correct details for my wifes data. When click the email button on that screen, it takes me to an email screen, but it does not recognize my wife email address.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to review, I have a Dell 1558 Studio Laptop, Running Windows 10 and Office 2010.