James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I can't remember my password to get into google chrome.

Customer Question

I can't remember my password ***** get into google chrome.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome Judy

sorry to hear about the problem you are having. What goes wrong when you try to reset your password?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I am not taking the remote offer. I have gone into Google Chrome numerous times to request help with getting my password ***** it keeps going back to username. All I need is the password.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, I think you missed the question I asked Judy... No problem I will repeat it

Sorry to hear about the problem you are having. What goes wrong when you try to reset your password?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It goes back to resetting my username instead of password.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, but there is no way to reset your username, it cannot be changed.

Put here please exactly the message you get please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You know, I'm sorry but your not really helping me. Please reimburse me what i paid for your service and thanks for trying. I do not want to be billed on my credit card for your service.