Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

My outlook email is not receiving emails anymore it keeps

Customer Question

my outlook email is not receiving emails anymore it keeps telling me error how do I fix it.
I have the office home and business 2010 edition.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Steven, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. What exactly is the error message that you are getting when sending and receiving emails in Outlook fail?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it says there is an error in synchronizing your mail account.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for writing back. What email account are you using in your MS Outlook program? Is it Yahoo Mail? Hotmail? AOL? Gmail? or others?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hotmail
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried to access your Hotmail using a web browser to check if ALL your emails are intact there?

Also, can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly fix the problem while you watch?

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I do it my self
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I do it myself
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you can try. I will just provide you the procedures at phase at a time.

First, please use your web browser like Internet Explorer, and go to http://hotmail.com and then SIGN IN to your Hotmail account there.

Then, please check if ALL your emails in your Outlook and in your Hotmail on the web are ALL intact.

Keep me posted.

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already done that earlier today
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see them online but they are not downloading to outlook the last ones were two weeks ago. Do I need an update or something
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that confirmation.

Now we will focus on your Outlook. How many email account you have there? Is it only this Hotmail account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information.

In your Outlook, please check what type of account your Hotmail was set up. Is it a POP account? Or an IMAP account? You can go to Tools => Account Settings. The email is listed there and tell me the information in the TYPE column.

If you are using Outlook 2010, go to File => Account Settings => Account Settings. Is it POP? IMAP? or MAPI?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MAPI
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that confirmation.

At this point, you need to DELETE or remove the account from your Outlook. This will not affect your emails since, as you have confirmed to me, using the browser, all your emails are intact there.

Please do the following:

1. Remove your Hotmail account from your Outlook
  2. Close Outlook after that
  3. Open Outlook and when prompted to add an account, please ADD your Hotmail account again
  4. Enter the necessary information to add the account
  5. Allow it to sync
  6. Then test if the problem is gone and you are now able to sync

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will all of my emails that are in my outlook now come back up if I delete it
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, they will be re-synced to your Hotmail on the web so they will all come back. That is the most important part -- that you have checked your Hotmail using the browser to see that ALL your emails there -- including those that are in your Outlook, are intact in the web browser.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you I will try that
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, please take your time and let me know your results so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will be tomorrow before I do it
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Oh ok. Please take your time. Just let me know your results then. But if the sync was broken, deleting and adding the account back should fix the problem.

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess