flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant 30 years in nyc computer industry working with PC and networks banks brokerage legal etc.
23372949

How did I end up wit Gigabytes of .Mozmsg files in my email?

Customer Question

Was there, Is there a planto move to a different system for Thunderbird?
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there Bob and welcome

To confirm, your seeing email in your inbox that do not appear correct?

Is this the issue you are having?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you kidding? I've had 50 years in programming and information services utilizing many OSes and programming languages. I presently set up many machines on any flavor of Linux Mint or Win NT 5.0 thru 6.1, real or virtual, myself. I have a very simple question, which I can probably get answered elsewhere for free.
This machine happens to be dual boot with Linux Mint Mate 17.2 and Win NT 6.1. Thunderbird 38.4.0 is the Email program.
I am ending up with Gigs of .wdseml files in .mozmsgs folders. Why are they there and where do they come from? That is not the standard Thunderbird format!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, sorry if some how I offended you by trying to clarify your issue, but I will opt out so you can work with another expert.

you do not need to do anything, you will be notified when another expert takes over your case

Thanks and all the best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BTW, I have removed these filed to save backup time and space with no ill effect on my mail.
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 year ago.

they are index files

no way there should have been so many of them though.

they are used for searching within emails from an external search.