Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

As of last night I cannot receive or send emails and I just

Customer Question

As of last night I cannot receive or send emails and I just upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.l on 11/24.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?

What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

I see your previous expert opted out of working with you.

Can you do the following please.

Press the windows key + X and click on Command Prompt (Admin)

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.

chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.

Then try to send and receive

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.