James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Today my computer has apparently been hacked as 7 people

Customer Question

Today my computer has apparently been hacked as 7 people have contacted me about getting a strange email from me. When they open the email it is obviously a scam,so they get out immediately. Now my computer is not allowing any emails come through to me. Is the AOL system now blocking this? How do I correct so that my emails come through? Joseph C. Hutchison at***@******.***
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you still able to sign in your aol email at the aol.com website?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is*****

It is possible that only your AOL e-mail account has been hacked, not your computer. For that reason, AOL system might have temporary blocked access to the account. To regain access to it, you will need to change the password ***** your AOL account.

However, please check if the current password ***** ***** by going to the AOL web mail interface on this link:

http://mail.aol.com

If you cannot sign in, click on the "Forgot password?" link on that page and follow the instructions to reset the password.

Once you have done that, use the new password ***** sign in.

Let me know the results.