James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I'm trying to import contacts from Thunderbird to gmail. I

Customer Question

I'm trying to import contacts from Thunderbird to gmail. I understand tha they have to be in email,last name,first name order. I created a cvs export file out of Thunderbird. That wouldn't import. I created another file with just 4 contacts in it in the above order - save that as cvs file. This wouldn't import into gmail. Is there a different order required that identified above? If not what am I doing wrong?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help. Thunderbird may be outputting the information in the wrong format and may require a bit of editing.

May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?

Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason