James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I need on line remote help cleaning up and organizing my

Customer Question

I need on line remote help cleaning up and organizing my Thunderbird email. I deleted a sub folder with the same name as the folder is was under thinkning the files would be move into the folder. I don't think they were. Pleae re read so there is no confusion.
Thunderbird Experienced help only. Thank you.
Category: Email
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. May i connect with you remotely to check this and fix this? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to know more about you, your qualifications and experience please.

Also, the issue is unclear so i will need to check it before answering which i'd prefer doing remotely.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will pay you $20 total. ....not in addition to. I will also tip you if you do a good job. Is that agreeable? Neil

Remote service is an additional service, in addition to the question price. I have sent you the request for it. If you want to be assisted without remote or if you want to use another expert who may not charge for remote, then i can opt out and open the question to other experts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will pay $30. for successful remote support. okay?

I sent the request for remote service. The amount is stated on it. If session is not fruitful, i will opt out and open the question to other experts or if you like, it can be refunded.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pLEASE OPT OUT AND OPEN IT FOR LESS EXPENSIVE SERVICE.

I will opt out. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attn. Thunderbird expert.
On my desktop-I deleted a sub folder with the same name as the folder assuming the emails would be transferred to the head folder. I doesn't appear that they were. I was trying to clean up an organize both my desktop and my laptop. Often I can't get anymore emails on my laptop. Both my desktop Thunderbird and my laptop Thunderbird need to be reorganized and maybe archived. Again, I don't understand all of these details and need help reorganizing my Thunderbird.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

I didnt catch your name earlier in the conversation. As far as Thunderbird, and t he specific issue you are facing. Correct me if I'm wrong.

When you deleted the folder. You did so from within the Thunderbird program. The normal Thunderbird program.

When you deleted the folder, you were not inside the app data / thunderbird / profiles folder

If t he above is correct. Then your folder isn't actually deleted. Just removed from the Thunderbird GUI ( graphical user interface)

This is a fix I could walk you through without remote. ( Though id be willing to connect via remote, as this repair would take me less then ten minutes, after we were connected.

Let me know if you still need assistance, and if so how you want to proceed.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.