James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I have been changing my gmail password and each time it says

Customer Question

I have been changing my gmail password ***** each time it says "there is a problem...." This happens right after I deny permissission to view and manage mail, contact calendars etc.
Is agreeing to "allow" now part of the t&cs.
Category: Email
Expert:  Lachard Binkley replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer my name is***** first question is do you have gmail on your phone or any other device Also with Gmail account you do have to select allow as their security features have changed if you select deny it will not let you change certain features like password ***** with out an error message. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fix-gmail-password-errors-firefox-os. Also could you please let me know if when did this start.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lachard, it started a week ago when I changed may password ***** my imac at work, I was trying to "manage our email"I did change it at work then I tried to read mail on my iphone, got the message "encountered a problem..." so I changed my password tried it again on iphone and ipad so I went back into work today to change it again. which lead me to the support request on line. The situation that has plagued me this past week or so was entirely avoidable in only your firm had insert the message that I had to "allow" or none of those serviced would be available on my mobile devices.
I really feel this frustration that was introduced to your service was absolutely avoidable with some forethought. Alternate explanations I can think of are just reprehensible, a waste of your time and mind.I expect I will NOT be charged under these circumstances