James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I backed up my old (4) phone on iTunes, now I can't download

Customer Question

I backed up my old (4) phone on iTunes, now I can't download contacts, etc onto my replacement (also4) phone. Help!
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask what happens when you attempt to restore your contacts, etc to your iPhone?

I will be standing by.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On clicking iTunes I'm told iPhone needs newer version of iTunes. Click OK, Drop down: "this page can't be displayed." I clicked in 'Fix connection problems.'. Drop down: "The DNS server is not responding."

Thank you for the update.

May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure. Sorry (###) ###-####

A phone call will not help much. After you click the "Accept this offer" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here. That will be the last charge for today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I wait for him to call back or what?

After you click the "Accept this offer" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here. That will be the last charge for today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't get an answer. Do I contact your service again now?
I corrected the phone number to 02 62512942

You requested a phone call. I do not make phone calls. I suggested the remote session because a phone call will not be of any help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is going from bad to worse. I was asked if I wanted a phone call (for something around $50) and I answered yes . Just tell me what is happening.

What is happening? That's a good question. I don't know because I haven't been able to analyze your problem. I apologize for your confusion regarding the charges. May I remote in at no extra cost to you, as a favor due to the confusion?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That would be wonderful. Thank You!
Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.
Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com
After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 88 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put in 'remote,' etc and am told This Page cannot be displayed.

Are you doing this on a computer or on the iPhone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay. Click the link. Does the page come up? If not, go here: http://74.208.221.55/?Session=d31f5e05-7b16-41e2-818c-28105fd75202