James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I've lost my internet connection on my Ipad. When I enter my

Customer Question

I've lost my internet connection on my Ipad. When I enter my password, I get this message; "incorrect password ***** "Umpire"(which is my Network) How can I change password ***** it says I need internet connection? Can I do it on my Desk-Top computer?(which I'm using now) Secondly, I need to erase over 3000 E-Mails that are showing up on my Mail Icon?
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What is the model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?

Do you have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac?

What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?

Do you know if you have POP or IMAP set up for your email on the iPad (go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendar-> your email account, and check.)

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Modem: zyxel, P600 series/ Router: Netgear Yes, I have a laptop(Acer) with Windows XP Outlook Express, Have Pop.mindspring

Thank you. Can you check at the back/bottom of the Netgear router for the model, such as WGR614 or
WNR2000 etc.?

Can you press at the same time the two keys Windows and Pause on the keyboard on the laptop, and confirm the Windows version, such as Windows XP or Windows Vista or Windows 7, etc.?

Also, can you test if you are able to sign in your mindspring email address at the website https://webmail.earthlink.net/?

And on the iPad, can you go to Settings -> General -> About, then let me know your Version there.

I can connect remotely to your laptop, so I can check on your router's Wi-Fi/wireless network password ***** through your laptop for you. When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.