Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

1 do not remember my password 2 I would like to have 0

Customer Question

1 do not remember my password ***** I would like to have 0 password ***** open tablet 3 I want my hotmail account to be the email of choice
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please the make and model of the Tablet with the issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
acer iconia 7
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I received this tablet as a gift . I usually can answer my own questions but I need info guide
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

First you will have to reset the Tablet. This will remove all data from it and return it to new, but this you cannot avoid.

To do this, please do the following

Power off the tablet.
Press and hold the Volume up button, which is located closest to the touch screen lock switch.
With the Volume up button held, press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds then release it. Continue holding the Volume up button.
Once the tablet screen turns on, release the Volume up button.
On the Select Boot Mode screen, select [SD Image Update Mode]. Use the Volume up and Volume down keys to navigate through the menus and use the Power button to select the desired option.
On the Android system recovery screen, select wipe data/factory reset.
When prompted to Confirm wipe of all user data, select Yes -- delete all user data.
On the Android system recovery screen, select reboot system now. Your data will be erased.
Your tablet will reboot and go to the Welcome screen. Follow the onscreen steps to setup your tablet.

When setting it up you HAVE to use a Gmail account, google do not allow you to use any other for setting up the Tablet, but then once setup, you can add your hotmail account to the Tablet by opening the email account and adding it in.

Then to stop it asking for a password, you go to APPS > Settings > Security > Screen lock and turn it off which would then stop this

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cannotfind boot mode it does not appear
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you follow this film please as it will show you the instructions I explained and may make it easier to follow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WioXs4vTG10

Let me know how you go please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe I
gave wrong info acer Iconia One 7
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
instruction film did not apply
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, for this model as it is different to the one you told me initially, follow the instructions here please

http://www.hardreset.info/devices/acer/acer-b1-730-iconia-one-7-tab/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but still having difficulty model acer Iconia One 7
B1 770 my screen has none of what video says
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, thats yet a different model...

But what is it you have on your screen then?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now dark screen, I am willing to try getting very frustrated. did not install sd card do I need to do that first?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

no, you do not need to insert an SD card, just the instructions I gave.

We will go through together in steps as this may be easier for you.

Power off the tablet.

Tell me what you then see please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
time
date
new update
now safe mode on and screen keeps going dark
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

it sounds like your using Volume Down and not volume Up as safe mode only occurs when you have a hardware problem or your using volume down

You sure you used volume Up?