James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I have tried 7 times to change my password. They all get

Customer Question

I have tried 7 times to change my password. They all get accepted but when I go to sign in at***@******.*** it keeps saying it is incorrect. This is driving me crazy because I have a huge dialogue box about signing in that's blocking access to desktop. f nothing else, please help me get rid of the box so I can get back to work! Thanks
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please how you access your email? Via your internet browser? Or via an email program such as outlook 2010?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I use google chrome to access my email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

Do you have your cell phone with you? And what is the phone number for it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, the number you have registered with your account ends in 27

Do you still have that one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's my home phone and I don't know how to change it to my mobile. you can call on either number but how long will it be?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok, tell me the full number of the home number please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for such a long delay. I had a meeting that ran much longer than planned. My home number is(###) ###-#### ***** call me asap as I can't work until this is fixed!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It was to reset the password ***** after 6 hours I assumed you left.

Please let me know when your back as we have to do this in one go