Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

Lost addresses in address file

Customer Question

Lost addresses in address file
Category: Email
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Order 15796108-280
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

How did you go about restoring Juno files, and why did you need to restore them?

If you restored them from a backup, how did you go about doing so?

If the problem, for which you did the restore, was a case of recent corruption of the files, then why not do a System Restore instead, back to previously to the restoring of files?

Here's a good System Restore procedure, in general terms, to try on your problem:

System Restore can be done by the following:

Go to

Start - [All] Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore

and choose to Restore system to a previous [etc.], then from the calendar-like interface, choose the first restore point *before* the problem started, then do the restoring.

(Warning: it may help to first disconnect from the internet, then also disable - temporarily, i.e. turn Off - your anti-virus utility, since they can often interfere with the Restore operation completing successfully.... before doing a System Restore.)

The computer will grind away for a while, then restart automatically, then grind away some more, and hopefully will come up with a message that the Restore operation was fully successful.

And hopefully that will cure the problem.

(PS: Do not choose to do a System Restore if you have recently installed any Microsoft software of any considerable cost. Its installation may be reversed, and you may lose money that way. Let me know if you think that's the case, and I will advise you further as to what to do.)