James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

How do I get Outlook Calendar weekly events to stop

Customer Question

Hi. How do I get Outlook Calendar weekly events to stop displaying the message field? When I selected "reset view", they started displaying. Now I can't get them to disappear.
Category: Email
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

You can just right-click on calendar’s tab and select Hide This Calendar.

Or you can follow the step by step instruction in the link below : http://www.extendoffice.com/documents/outlook/1938-outlook-hide-meetings-from-calendar.html

let me know if you need any further help

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Has everything worked out, do you still need help please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Med,No, my question was not answered correctly. I do not want calendar entries to not appear. I want the text field to not appear on the calendar.For example - here is a sample calendar entry:
Start: 1:00 PM
End: 2:00 PM
Subject: Talk w Med
Text: Med will show me how to display Outlook calendar entries without any text.Here is what should be displayed on the calendar:
Subject: Talk w MedIf you send me your email, I will show you sample screen shots.Thanks.David
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

i'm sorry for the confusion, Please try this : right-click on your calendar’s tab and select show low details : www.outlook-tips.net/images/2011/05/details10.png if you are using Outlook 2007, detail levels are selected just to the right of the Day/Week/Month tabs: http://www.outlook-tips.net/images/2011/05/details3-300x258.png

hope this help, let me know if you need further help

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
test
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a test.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi.No, this did not answer my query. My question is about the weekly view, not the monthly view.Please see the attached screen shot "Have text in weekly...". It shows an entry on the left, in yellow, in which the message text does not appear. On the right blue entry, the text appears, but should not.The text which should not appear is part of the calendar entry. It appears in screen shot "Text appearing in ...". This is the text which should be hidden in the weekly entry view.Thanks.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Would you like me to set up a remote session (NO extra charge), which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and check this for you please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great idea.How shall we do this?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Please downlaod teamviewer from this link : www.teamviewer.com and run it. It will give you an ID and a password. Please tell me the ID and the password ***** I can connect to your desktop and fix the problem remotely.

Note : Do not close teamviewer

thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
167 013 395
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
7633
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What number shall I call to contact you?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

connected now,

thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

I fear I am not making progress with this case, so I must Opt Out, with sincere regrets.

If and when another Expert takes up the case, you ought to receive a notification email.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If someone gets back to me within 24 hours, I'd appreciate their taking a look at this issue. If not, please refund me the $18. Please let me know either way.