Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems and Network Engineer
75378780

I have checked with Samsung and they have confirm my tablet

Customer Question

I have checked with Samsung and they have confirm my tablet is functioning properly and that my Hotmail account has been hacked and to get ahold of the people at hotmail to try to clean up my Hotmail account so I have no issues, I do receive emails, and can send them, any attachments I recive in my emails when I go to open them says there an error has occurred while you were opening this document.
The tablet is slow and doesn't respond to all commands as well. Can you help with this situation
Category: Email
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, can you try and do the same thing on a PC? Off the bat, it sounds like Samsung may not know what they are talking about. How could they confirm your hotmail was hacked? Need more info please.

- Tim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was actually a private source much like yourself. when they had requested money I did not comply can you or can you not check my hotmail to confirm if its been hacked or not
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

There is no one other than you or Microsoft that could check......you your self would know from things such as not being able to log in on your own, check sent messages, did any mail go out that you did not send? That's usually what happens when an account is taken over, it sends stuff with links to all your contacts. Take a look at the following link, it will show you recent activity, you should see the same IP addresses.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Account/Security/recentactivity.aspx

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

If you don't see anything like what i stated above going on, your probably fine. Not sure what other private source you used, but that's the gist of it.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Does that make sense?

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Also, if you are not locked out of your Hotmail account, Microsoft probably won't have much to say to you. Just regarding the info you gave me from Samsung, sounds like they told you that to get rid if you and the tablet was/is probably slow and the browser is crashing.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if that was helpful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a pc, that is not a option for me. My code that they would like to send me to open my account would go to my ex witch I ' m not thrilled with, so if that is your only solution kinded return the moneny to my charge card and I will go to some one locally to help me resolve my issue
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Yeah, i have no other ideas. And anyone you go to locally will also not be able to help with your problem, i can guarantee that. There is no magic work around in this case.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If we talked online which we have not been successful doing in a couple of attempts. Could you confirm if I had been hacked or not if I give you further information and access to the account? Or are we just going around in circles?
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

I can log in to your account myself and see if anything looks goofy, and check IP access list. That's all anyone could do. Do you want to set that up?