John, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  I've been in the IT industry for the past 7+ years. I do e-mail password recovery, compromised email account recovery and more.
50152684

How do I delete save Visa card details in Google Chrome?

Customer Question

Category: Email
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you

Sir just to clarify your requirement are you trying to remove the card details from any specific google sites or from the auto save in the Google Chrome browser?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly.To reply back to me use the reply box below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
John I need to prevent my VISA CARD details popping up every time my wife wants to enter her details. Ordinary deletion methods do not work and she is unable to do Internet Banking. The ANZ advised us to contact Google Help
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the details.Could you please let me know how you tried to delete it,do you mean removing the card details from the field that shows on the web pages manually?

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Visa details have only recently appeared when I attempt Internet Banking. Previously and for many years I had to enter them each time that I did banking. I do not recall requesting these details to appear.
Now the numbers seem to be permanent and my wife cannot do her banking , even after blocking out the numbers and pressing "delete".
I am not using the phone servive to you because I am old and deaf and typing works best for me
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for explaining it.You do not need to use phone support for this issue.I believe you may have accidentally click on yes to save the card details in the auto-fill option in Chrome that is why its showing all the sites.I can help you with that do you want me to give you step by step instructions to remote the card details from Chrome or do you want me to remote access to your PC and do it for you (Which has additional charge you needed to pay only after the problem is fixed.It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC.

Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.Let me know which method you prefer.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lady in the Bank said much the same John although I do not recall making any changes. She said I should be able to fix it with guidance from Google Help. Am I not on the Google Help site?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir this is not Google support,Google doesn't have live tech support or phone support.This is justanswer which is a paid tech support site. We do not have any tie up with any companies but we can also help you fix the issue you are facing.We have been online for the past 10 years and we have A+ rating from Better Business Bureau which you can check using this link http://ww2.justanswer.com/about-justanswer Please let me know whether you want to continue with our tech support.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that will be OK John but I am sure I do not know how that I got onto your company. Another of the World's great Internet mysteries, of which there are many !!. I could have rung my regular technician but he is certainly not as prompt as you are.
Continue
Regards
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Glad to know that Sir,shall i give you step by step instructions or do you want me to remote access to your PC and do it for you.Let me know?

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hopefully I will be able to follow your instructions OK John
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

OK then First open Chrome then press ALT + F key on the keyboard that will open the menu options in the right corner of Chrome in that click on settings that will open settings page.See if you can open that page and let me know then i will give you next set of instructions.We will go step by step.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir were you able to open the settings page in Chrome.If you have any trouble opening it let me know?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No good John, I can't find the Menu Option that you spoke about.
What screen box should I type into with Alt + F ?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir you do not need to type anything you need to press and hold the the ALT key and then F key on the keyboard to see the menu options in the right corner of Chrome in that click on settings that will open settings page.See if you can open that page and let me know.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

If you still cannot open the menu then click on the menu icon right corner of the Chrome like in this image.see if that helps you open menu and from that settings page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't find Menus but located Settings and it seems to be what we are looking for.
Sorry I have been a bit slow, my wife served dinner while I was working with you. What country are you in ?. I am in Melbourne, Australia where it is now 8.45 pm
What is the next step
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Its OK,good to know that you manged to open settings page in Chrome.I am from India and its 3:20 PM over here.

In settings page scroll down and you can see show advanced settings click on it and it will show more settings in the page scroll down again and you can see Passwords and Forms under it you can Manage Auto-fill settings click on it and it will open a box and shows what all sites passwords and card details are stored in it click on the card you want to remove and in the end of the card detail you can see a X mark to remove it use that to remove that card entry from the Chrome then click on Finished to save it.now close that settings page and then check it and see if its showing that card details in any payment sites you access.Please check it and let me know the status.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been carefully through the instructions John and have deleted the VISA number from the box that you mentioned but it still pops up when I try to log onto my wife's Internet Banking site. The BAnk official had the same trouble yesterday when my wife called at the Bank and that is obviously why she suggested that we contact Google Chrome
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ten forty five pm and I am off to bed now John. Let me know tomorrow if you can work out what the problem is.
Not urgent but a nuisance. My wife has to to pay her bills on my Bank account as she cannot insert her numbers.
Goodnight,
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the update and i apologize for the delay i had to be away from the system that is why i didn't saw your reply.We can continue this tomorrow when you are ready to continue this tomorrow let me know,also once again go to the Chrome settings page and then open the Manage Auto-fill settings and see if that card details you removed still listed in there?

Another thing i need to know that are you using any other auto fill tools in the PC like Robo-form?

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am happy to resume our dialogue if you have any further suggestions on how to operate that VISA card.
I checked again this morning and my VISA number has definitely gone from the "Manage Auto Fill " site but it still appears automatically every time my wife attempts to do any Internet transaction. It cannot be eliminated by pressing "delete" and inserting her own number.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the update.

Have you tried opening this bank sites on Internet explorer if so does it have the same issue.The reason why i am asking is that if its happening on Internet explorer or other web browsers installed in the PC then that means there is a program where this card details are stored

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Internet Explorer works fine and I can get through but now the Bank is rejecting the user name and Password. I will have to sort it out with them next week.
Thanks for your help John
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome sir.Not sure what happened to your online bank access it is best you check it with the bank directly.

Please open chrome and all clear the browsing data and reset the settings in chrome see if that fixes the card details issue on Chrome.

To do that Go to setting page then Click on show advanced settings and it will show more settings in the page now click on Clear Browsing data then select from the beginning of the time in the Obliterate the following items from option then select all the options except passwords. Now click on Clear browsing data.

After that is done you can reset Google chrome and that will erase all the setting.To do that Go to setting page then Click on show advanced settings and it will show more settings in the page scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Reset Settings that will reset the Chrome settings.Once that is done close all Chrome windows and open a new one and check it see if that fixes.Please let me know the result also if you have any doubts do not hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my services/answer please rate positively using the options just below this page or on the top of this page,select the rating and click on submit. Have a Great God blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not necessary, we went back to the Bank and insisted that they sort out the remaining problems with the Internet Banking
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the update.The above instruction i gave is not for fixing your internet banking issue like the bank said i cannot fix the user name or password ***** because it has to be reset through bank itself.The above instruction is only for the card pop up in the chrome browser.If you do not want to do it then its fine.If you do not have any further questions please rate positively (3 star or more)using the options just below this page or on the top of this page,select the rating and click on submit. Have a Great God blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,