James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Have hotmail email on my android phone. Also have work email

Customer Question

Have hotmail email on my android phone. Also have work email with outlook on phone. Can't open attachments in hotmail. Will open on computer, but not phone.
Category: Email
Expert:  Lachard Binkley replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for coming to Just Answer my name is Lachard.

First let me ask you a couple of questions do you use an app to open hotmail or is it through a browser on your phone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

did it through the mail setting on the phone - outlook or something like that.

Have you been able to open it before in Hotmail. Normally Hotmail permanently blocks attachment to protect against viruses some people in the past have had to forward emails to other clients or have the sender change the extension for people with Hotmail to open them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When she got the phone about a month or so ago, she could open them. Now they won't open at all.

Sorry for the late response their was an update a month ago for Android phones that maybe causing this some have resolved the issue by removing the Hotmail account from the mail settings and setting it back up which will set it back to default. Please let me know if you need help with this part and I will be more than glad to walk you through it.