Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Is there a way to limit a calendar view invite to starting

Customer Question

Is there a way to limit a calendar view invite to starting on a certain date so calendar appointments from 5 years ago cannot be viewed by the invitee. For example, if I want the invite to my calendar to be viewed from 11/1/2015 on to an indefinite date is there a way to do that? And if so how?
Category: Email
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting with your question.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Which calendar program are you using?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
outlook 2010? is that what you are asking?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll have a quick look at the options and get back to you.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Would you like me to set up a remote session, which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you quickly with selecting the best permission level for your needs?

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

I assume you are sharing your calendar via email (let me know if you use any other way). Please follow the steps below:

1. On the Home tab, in the Share group, click E-mail Calendar.

2. In the Calendar box, click the calendar that you want to send/share.

3. In the Date Range box, click the specific time period that you want the calendar to show.

4. Enter or select any other options that you want, and then click OK.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Let me know how it goes.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

You can reply back to me using the Reply box below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not see a date range where is that within the share calendar button
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Ok, let's do a quick remote session.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Please open up the following new remote link now:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=87076117-e3b5-4bf3-86a5-d255f9aeb763

When the disclaimer page comes up, click 'I agree'.
At the next page, download the remote file - an 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded.
OPEN/RUN that file, and I'll be connected.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you are having any trouble connecting to the remote session.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on a federal government computer so I do not know that this will allow access due to security.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Ok, no problem. Let me find a screenshot or video for you.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Please check the video link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oLvY5UxRXo

At 0:24, you can see the user entering the date range.

Let me know if you can see that option on your side.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, I'm not able to take phone calls at the moment. However, please reply back by typing in the reply box below and we can continue chatting here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked at the video it is not exactly what I am needing to do. As explained I need to grant access to my manager to view my calendar but I want to do this from today on and not have access from 5 years ago.Is there an link I can create to allow my manager access as of today (and not open access to 5 years of calendars in the past) I do not want to send one email with what is on my calendar for the next year which would not be the same as having view of my calendar on a daily basis. Cam you send a record of this chat to my personal email at***@******.*** with any new link and instructions.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

You will get an email from JustAnswer at***@******.*** with a link to this chat page, if you used the same email to register here.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the added clarification. Sorry, I'm running out of ideas. I'll opt out now and pass on your question to the other request.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I meant that I will pass it on to the other experts.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

No, you cannot restrict access based on dates.

What you can do is create a new calendar with only the information in it that you only want to show, but you cannot restrict someone to only via a certain range of dates in the calendar sorry.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you