Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

Reason an important customer of mine got into spam and even

Customer Question

for some reason an important customer of mine got into spam and even though i have been trying to train it out of spam for many many weeks [ hitting not spam over and over again]
but it is till going into spam.
The address is in my google contacts----- it is very frustrating as I am sometimes missing important emails.
Category: Email
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please tell me what email system you are using - Outlook, Eudora, or perhaps webmail in a web browser - and also whether you have a GMail address or an address from some other email provider.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi
this is happening on my gmail address xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and I have to go gmail on chrome to check the spam every day
It is as direct as one can get with google.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would guess that I get 10/15 emails per day from this sender from Thailand and every time I say " not spam" but the next day they are still going into spam .This has been going on for months.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hellodid we lose contact?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I'm still here. I composed an answer along the wrong lines (to be frank) then realized it was wrong and edited it before posting... and took so long I lost the entire set of advices.

So I'm just posting this while re-composing my advice to you... I will post again in a little while.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no problem
Just for yr info
I set up a new gmail account [ xxxxxxxxxxxxx] and this persons emails do not go into spam using this address!!
I get many many emails from others in the same company in Thailand and none go into spam.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Is the non-Spam email you want to not go into Spam folder, identifiable in any way?

Try going into GMail's

Settings (the little gear icon among the cluster of functions/icons at upper right in your GMail window)

then go to the

Filters and Blocked Addresses

section, then go to the lower half, labeled

The following email addresses are Blocked [etc.]

and look for your Thai frequent-correspondent's email address there. And select that address, if found there, and then when that Thai correspondent's email address is selected, click on

Unblock Selected Addresses

and see if that frees up the system to properly sort them into Inbox again.

(Also make sure the Thai correspondent's email, or emails, is not listed twice, and remove all instances if so.)

Let me know how that goes, by and by or at length, please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Good. Try it. (No need to respond immediately, thanks.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No blocked senders
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no blocked senders.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I just checked my google contacts .This address is starred as important .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any more ideas?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a copy of (or, means of accessing) GMail anywhere, that is not webmail, but is by way of Outlook or Eudora or other email program?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I access email thru my mail air mail apple mail but they all rely on the initial gmail spam filter I believe
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I was wondering if there was some other copy or configuration of your GMail or GMail access, that might have different rules in force than the web-mail accessed GMail.

Apple Mail would be one of those, I think, if I recollect correctly. Check for any Spam rules or filtering rules in Apple Mail. There might be one current there that is overriding your GMail spam filter, perhaps.