A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Engineer
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

My email address is. I'm sending email to and she is not

Customer Question

My email address is***@******.***. I'm sending email to***@******.*** and she is not receiving my emails. This has been going on for some time now. Can you explain what is happening?
Thanks,
Helen Roppel
Category: Email
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help you with this issue.

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Is it possible to have your friend check their spam folder on their email?

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

If your friend finds your email in their spam folder then they will need to unblock your email address.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She just checked and I'm not in her spam folder. She did, however, find an email I sent her but it was only to her. It appears that messages sent to a group in which she is a part, she isn't receiving. She then checked her phone and my message to the group was on her phone but it isn't appearing on her computer. Her phone carrier is Virgin Mobile which is connected to Yahoo. Very puzzling. Can you help?
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

I can but your friend will have to check where those messages are going in her computer. Ask your friend if there are any folders that group messages go in their email.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She only receives a notice in her "IN" box that she has a message. She doesn't have a folder for "Group" messages. The only time they go into a folder is if she saves the email to a folder.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Are you positive that uour sending your friend an email and not a text message?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Absolutely positive. I only recall sending her one text message in my life.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

If she is receiving messages that are only sent to her, but not receiving group messages in her email, I would think that the contact information for your friend inside the group message may be incorrect. For example when you email get directly you use her email address. But when you send a message to the group, the group must be configured correctly to go to the people you want it to.

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Basically I think that the group messaging must be checked to make sure that the email addresses are correct

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Do you know who set up the group messages?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked several times and the email address is the same whether I am sending a single message to her or sending a message to her within a group. The email does not change.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Interesting...

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

And you've never received any error messages after sending an email?

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Please have your friend follow the steps on the following link

http://m.windowscentral.com/how-set-and-manage-greylists-outlookcom

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Its the only thing I can think of, that her email is blocking the group emails for some reason.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No error messages received. I had no idea she wasn't getting my messages until last week. I sent a message yesterday to a number of people (not a group). I selected each recipient separately and she was one of the receipients selected. She didn't get the message from me. One of the girls responded to all and she got that message and found out I had sent the original message.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

She'll have to add everyong on the group message as a ​Safe Sender.

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Can you ask her to try?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I doubt this is the problem, because she is receiving group messages from other people and I'm the only one she has a problem with. How do you add someone as a safe sender? I can ask her to do this but one of the groups she is in comprises over 50 people. She doesn't receive emails from the smaller groups that I send her either.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Ask her to start with you email address, the steps with pictures can be found at the following link:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sure she won't be able to do this until tomorrow. How will I communicate with you that this has been accomplished and tested?
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Simply bookmark this page or check the email that you registered with.