Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

My iMac is asking keychain cpassword what is this? It isn't

Customer Question

My iMac is asking for the keychain cpassword ***** is this? It isn't the normal password ***** it isn't responding to my firewall password ***** you put in the spaces and the dashes or not? It has Ben an hour and the axe is looking like a satisfying, if sub-optimal solution. Cheers Trace
Category: Email
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tracey and Welcome. I'm Joel and I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've put in my payment details - so where is the discussion page and why am I being harried for bigger and more expensiv enterprises 'trials'?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok my phone number is ***** 08 8583 5495 or mobile Australia(###) ###-####
Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

The phone call service is an additional cost I believe. You need to request it on your screen

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nah, that's too much for a phone call, on line will do it if you actually start giving me some infotmation that isn't a sales pitch.
Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

No worries Tracey, can I ask when the keychain started asking you for a password? Have you changed the password ***** your user account recently?

Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried entering in your standard user password (one used to login with) and also if you have changed this recently, enter your old password ***** see if that works. Let me know if one works then we can work on updating your keychain password ***** the correct one. Keychain just stores all your saved passwords for example saved passwords to web sites and other services where you have checked the option to save the password

Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

Let me know how you go with the above or if you need any further assistance

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It asked for it as soon as I've logged in my rodinary security password. This is the second time I've used the computer since I downloaded some firewall security thing. Last time I was on th phone to the stats and their advice was to take it back where I had bought it
2 years ago with the receipt. They were so unny, Adelaide is 3 hours at 1150km/her if I survive.
That time I was able to Unlok the computer using the firewall password ***** one that I had kept there from installation.
The message on the screen now is "Keychain 'login' cannot be found to store 'registrationV1."
Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

What is the firewall security application you installed?

Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

You can try setting a new Keychain password, see below:

1. Open Keychain Access, which is in the Utilities folder within the Applications folder.
  2. From the Keychain Access menu, choose Preferences.
  3. Click General, then click Reset My Default Keychain.
  4. Authenticate with your account login password.
  5. Quit Keychain Access.
  6. Restart your computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh I don't know it was some free from Apple? Probably a Chinese knoc-off so they can steal all my debt!
Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

Hopefully not. If you do come across the name let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've logged off and restarted it ...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks like it is a password ***** do with the cloud and every time I try to cancel it it warns me that I'll lose
We all my passwords and stuff also the message says that apple won't help me.
Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

iCloud?

Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

Did you try the steps above to set a new keychain password