Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Not all of the email messages that I send are appearing in

Customer Question

Not all of the email messages that I send are appearing in my sent mail box. I want them all to appear. I don't know why some sent messages appear and others do not. I want all sent messages to appear in my sent mail box. Please help. Thank you.
Category: Email
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

hello, welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today

I'm sorry about the issue. What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?

thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I use Gmail.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

All mail sent through the Gmail mail server will automatically appear in Gmail's Sent Mail. If it does not, then the usual reason is that you are deleting your outgoing mail. That's the only way you can remove Sent Mail from Sent Mail in a Gmail account.

thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

hope this help, let me know if you need further help

regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not deleting it. I do not know why the messages are disappearing. I have no filters, etc.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

can you do a test please , can you send an email to your self and see if you can see it in inbox as well in the sentbox, once you finish please delete the message from inbox and check if it still in the sentbox

let me know the results

thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Sent myself a message. It appears in my "in box," but not in my "sent mail."
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

can you tell me what browser you are using please? can you use another browser and check

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not too technical. What piece of equipment is my browser. No, I cannot use another browser.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

For example if you are using google chrome browser please download firefox from www.firefox.com ad try to open your gmail account using this new browser

thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

If the problem still persists please try this :

1. Check if You have a filter set up to delete messages sent from your address. To check, go ahead and navigate to the gear icon > Settings > Filters. From there, go ahead and remove any filters that include your own address and have “delete” in them. Also check any other filters that include the "Delete" command, in case they are catching more mail than they should.

2. It’s also possible that you have set up another device (a smart phone for example) to send mail. Does this sent mail appear on that device Check the settings in that device or in that app on your device and make sure that there are no settings that keep sent mail in a spot other than the sent mail. It could be that you’re sending “sent” mails to another local folder, so Gmail can’t then show it in the Gmail sent folder.

Hope this help, let me know if you have any other questions

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

has everything worked out please?