James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I need to access my brothers computer he passed away in July

Customer Question

I need to access my brothers computer he passed away in July his computer has never been used. I need his password ***** email acct
Category: Email
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it takes longer than a day how will I access this site for an answer or 10 min my email address nancysearcy@ comcast . net I guess I paid 36$
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is my number
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your loss. Regarding your question, please tell me the version of Windows running on his computer. Is it Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 8 .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
C55
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my response
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will take online conversation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can take online conversation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is 10pm please respond soon I will be in bed soon talk tomorrow please call by 10 pacific time
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back and I am sorry for the late reply. Also, I do not provide phone support, online this online chat that we are doing now.

Do you have your brother's laptop now?

Since it is running on Windows 8, it has the option to use a Microsoft account as login. Can you please confirm if in the login screen, is it asking for a Microsoft account? Or a local account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will you answer me tomorrow?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I have posted an inquiry to better understand your scenario. Have you seen my last post?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you are not available by phone. My scenario is that I am unable to access my my brothers computer I don't have his password. As you know he has passed away on July 18. I will
Have to trash the computer or start a new acct maybe with a password ***** leave his alone not worry about his password. CSo we can use the computer iam not worried abou accessing his acct Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess M have you dead my request just sent
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess
I can answer tonight when I get home sorry iam on my way home or can you give me a time that works for you I am on my way to work be home around 6 pm let me know
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. I am available now and for the next 3 hours. I believe you just want to unlock the computer so that you can use it and it happened that the account to login to his computer is his email or his Microsoft account.

The best way to do this is to reset the computer to factory settings so that it will become like brand new. During the process, everything in the computer will be wiped out and Windows will be reloaded like new.

Do you want to proceed with this option instead? If yes, please tell me the exact make and model of the computer so that I can provide you the correct procedures to do the factory reset.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will not be home from work until around 6pm . I can do the setting then. And reboot
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Please tell me the make and model of the problem computer so that I can give you precise procedures to perform a factory reset in order to make the computer usable again.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Jess