Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have Office Pro 2013 and use Outlook. In the last couple

Customer Question

I have Office Pro 2013 and use Outlook. In the last couple days, I've received two emails (both with attachments) where the majority of the body copy is missing. There are a couple of lines and then the rest is gone. Can you help?
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Before we investigate outlook and work on its settings. I have a couple of questions first. Starting with, the email account that you have attached to the outlook program, who is that email account with.

@gmail.com @yahoo @aol @hotmail, etc.

And have you tried using your web browser and logging directly into your webmail account, to see if the email messages are also clipped in their original location in your webmail. If they are clipped there, then the issue is not with your outlook, but with the format of whoever sent you the messages.

When you can send a reply and let me know how the messages appear in your email account via webmail, and that will let us know how to proceed.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dustin,
I use gmail and I just checked on the webmail account. They are not clipped there.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Understood.

Next question, have you ever used the AVG or Nod32 antivirus?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Ok.. What antivirus do you use?

And also, Is it the same sender whose messages keep getting clipped? And it isnt just conversation view thats kicking in and clipping the body ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Microsoft Security Essentials. No, it's not the same email address that's getting clipped. It's just started happening as of yesterday.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

My apologies for asking so many questions, each set of questions knocks out possible causes, and surprisingly to issues like the one you are facing there can be a wide variety of causes.

A few more questions.. These messages you are being sent.. Are they forwards? Or replies? Or original new messages sent directly to you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem with the questions. One of emails was sent as a reply and the other was sent as an original new email. I know one of the senders uses Apple Mail. Would that be a problem?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

If both senders were using apple mail.. Maybe.. since its only one its not likely apple mail is the cause, but not completely ruled out.

Next question, and hopefully the last. Focusing on the attachments themselves.

Were they included "inline " inside the body of the message?

Or were they added onto the message, but not included in the body?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They were separate from the body of the email. Attached PDFs. Is that what you mean?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Thats what I was asking.. Ok, last question I hope.

Both emails, were they sent to the same exact email account within outlook? Or different receiving accounts?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same account.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Ok.. As a test.. lets go to your control panel, mail , profiles, create a new outlook profile. ( do not delete your old one, just create a new one )

Start outlook in the blank profile, add your email account. Let it download the messages.

Are those same exact two messages still clipped? This will tell us if its an issue with your outlook install, or something to do with the senders instead.

The page below contains a more step by step walkthrough of the process http://www.extendoffice.com/documents/outlook/1898-outlook-rest-to-factory-settings.html

This test will tell us whether its your outlook profile, or if the problem is outside of your computer. Let me know the results when you can.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I added a NEW account. How do I open that? I just don't want to lose everything I have.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I just figured it out. And, yes, the same messages are still clipped.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You pretty much just left me hanging here. No follow-up.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, and my apologies for the delay. Ive been ill and away from work the past couple of days.

Normally another expert would have picked this issue up and tried to assist you, again my apologies for the wait you have incurred.

The issue you are facing seems to be outside the normal causes. It may be best if we connect during a screen sharing session so I can have a look at the specific emails in question and try to work out in person what the issue is. Its always a bit easier when you can put your eyes on an issue.

Let me know if that is a method of support youd be willing to try.

Thank you,

Dustin S.