Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My iPad is connected to Internet thru Verizon.net than an

Customer Question

My iPad is connected to Internet thru Verizon.net for more than an year with no problems. Now I cannot send email, although I recieve email. My wife's Mac computer is also on Verizon.net and she can send email. How to fix?
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Lets try the following steps, which even though it will temporarily delete the verizon account from your ipad, this wont delete your mail stored in verizon itself.

Go to home screen, then settings, then mail, then remove your verizon account.

Then, follow these steps to reset the network settings on your ipad.

http://support.bell.ca/Mobility/Smartphones_and_mobile_internet/Apple_iPad.how_to_reset_the_network_settings_on_my_apple_ipad

Once reset.. turn your ipad off, t hen back on. And then connect it to your wireless network again.

Now, the last step is to add your verizon email account to the ipad again.. This should help.

http://www.verizon.com/cs/groups/public/documents/adacct/setup-email-mobile-device.pdf

That should do it.. You should be able to both receive, and send mail again. let me know if you have further questions or run into any issues completing these steps.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.