Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Please I need help in resetting my gmail account -

Customer Question

Hello
Please I need help in resetting my gmail account -***@******.***. The account has been inactive for about 3 years because I could not recall my password ***** I could not provide correct response to the questions asked. There are important emails in this account I will like to retrieve would you please help me?
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

First, id like to clarify what you are dealing with.. Googles recovery system is an automated machine. If you cant provide the right answers, or mostly right answers, then you cant get back into the account.

What I did see from looking at the account in system, is that theres phone recovery possible.

Did you use to have, or do you still have access to a phone number that ends with the digits 75 ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I use to have a number ending in 75 but I have changed my phone number at lease 2x and do not recall that number anymore
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you know if google has a customer's service contact number?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Heres my advice. Its not pretty, nor a magic solution.. But it is accurate.

I take it you have filled out the security forms several times. And over the course of a couple days to a couple weeks, google got back to you and told you that they couldnt verify that you were the account owner.

Google does have a customer service contact number, but only if you are a paying google adwords, adsense user. Or a paid google apps organizational account.

Have you tried signing in with the old password ***** used to use? If that didnt work.

Theres only one way back into this account.

That old phone number with 75.. You need to find an old utility bill, or call a friend or family member who might remember or have that phone number saved.

Once you find out the number. Then you are going to need to contact the phone company who you had that number through. And you will need to reactivate the phone number.

That way, you can have google send you a text or call you with a verification code so you can reset the password ***** the account and re-open it.

There is no other way into the account.

If you have further questions or concerns, let me know.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much Dustin, I will try an look for that number. How to find that number will be pretty challenging. If I recall correctly, its my first phone number 1999.Thanks again for your help
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

If you can remember the phone company who you paid to have that number.

Calling them and asking them about your old account and number may be the quickest way to finding out the number..

Good luck, and keep me posted!

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please do you have the contact number for google customer care?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

There is no contact number for google customer care for Email accounts.

Never has been, unfortunately.

D.S

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you then and have a blessed remainder of the dayJoy
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

I wish I had more to offer you Joy, and thank you for the well wishes.

Whether its a day from now, a week or a month. If your able to make progress on the phone number you are welcome to reply and I will assist you with using it to reclaim your gmail account.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day as well!

Dustin S.