James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I am unable to perform admin functions. A Microsoft window

Customer Question

I am unable to perform admin functions. A Microsoft window comes up with my old email address, asking for a password (I don't know the password.) Can you provide me the password ***** tell me how to bypass the Microsoft window?
Category: Email
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.

Sir/Ma’am please provide the following details so that I can understand the issue you are facing more clearly

1.When you say admin functions could you specify an example for it?

2..Are you using a Microsoft online account to login to windows 8 or a local (offline account) to login to windows 8?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly. You will also get an email notification in your email each time I reply. To reply back to me use the reply box below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. The "Microsoft Admin" message comes up when I try any "admin" functions, such as changing my user account info. or adding any app.
2. My current account is with Xfinity/Comcast '*****@******.***'. I don't sign in to Microsoft although my computer is prompting me to enter a Microsoft Admin password (for an old email account '*****@******.***').
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the details and i apologize for the delay.When it asks to enter admin password ***** it shows old comcast email address in the user control window?

In control panel user account can you check whether the current user account is a administrator account or standard user account?

How user account do you have in this PC?

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The control panel shows that my current email '*****@******.***' controls the user account(s).
And yes, the admin control window is asking for the password ***** my old email '*****@******.***' (I don't have the old password).
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the details.Is this current account shows as administrator account or standard account? You can check that in user accounts in control panel.

How many user accounts does it shows on the windows login screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is an admin account, but that's when it prompts me to enter the admin password ***** my old email address. (I don't have that password.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the update.That is strange,if its an admin account then its not supposed to ask for password.

Do you have any other user accounts in this PC?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the contrl panel user accounts, it shows 2 users. I only use the one with my current email address. My computer might be reading the other user account - how can I delete this account without knowing what the password *****?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Without knowing the password ***** the old account it will be difficult to delete because of the security settings in windows.Are you currently chatting to me from the problematic PC ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you access my computer remotely?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I was going to ask that but there is a good chance it wont work because of this account issue but we can try it,One moment i will give you the link to do remote support

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Please click on this link http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=33ae9241-ec09-4c0d-803d-010da3c5625d# that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it.if it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Download was unsuccessful - I tried a few times.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I believe it was asking the admin password ***** i correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it is stalled in the downloading process.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

That is strange i will give you another tool called Team-viewer for remote access ,To download it click on this linkhttp://tinyurl.com/azwl8gu download and open it. Let me know the id and password it shows. Do not close the Team-Viewer window or this chat page. Closing the Team-viewer window will terminate the remote session too so please do not close Team-Viewer window after you give me the id and password. When you send me the id please insert space in-between the digits like 1 2 3 4 5 6

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir/Ma'am i didn't get your reply or the id and password ***** access your PC and check the user account issue.Is that remote support tool also not working?

Sincerely,