James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I am having a problem where it says that there is a problem

Customer Question

I am having a problem where it says that there is a problem ......
I have a picture of the screen that I can email. How can this problem be resolved.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry. What is the issue you are having with?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My computer does not start I get an error message
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I do live online support. I can help you here.

What's the model of your computer? Does it have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8 or 10?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
gateway nv53. windows 7

Please press and hold the Power button on the laptop for about 7 seconds, and it will power off

, then turn it back on, then at the first screen / log, press at the same time the two keys Alt and F10 on the keyboard, then let me know if you see anything new. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the computer started. It gave me the windows logo, got a blank screen with an arrow, then it did a crash dump. I pressed the alt f10 before it gave me ..... crash dump. I have a photo of the screen message I can email.

You can attach the photo here. Can you power off the computer again, then turn on, then right away, keep pressing and releasing at the same time the two keys Alt and F10 quickly and repeatedly and see if any menu appear?

If needed, power off computer, then turn on, then right away, press at the same time the key F11 quickly and repeatedly and see if a menu appear

If needed, do you have the Windows 7 disk and/or operating system / restore / recovery disk?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is the screen print

Got it. Thank you. Have you tried:

- Can you power off the computer again, then turn on, then right away, keep pressing and releasing at the same time the two keys Alt and F10 quickly and repeatedly and see if any menu appear?

- If needed, power off computer, then turn on, then right away, press at the same time the key F11 quickly and repeatedly and see if a menu appear

- If needed, do you have the Windows 7 disk and/or operating system / restore / recovery disk?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know where the recovery disk is. Also, If I do that will it wipe out all of my data files on my hard drive?

Yes, unfortunately, do you have backup? Please let me know. Thank you.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Do you still need assistance with this?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do but I am not satified with your service
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, I am a different expert then the previous one you were working with.... so please provide me a chance to confirm what the issue here is.

Have you recently added any new hardware to the computer? eg: Memory, hard drive?