Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Why does it take Yahoo so when transferring emails to

Customer Question

Why does it take Yahoo so long when transferring emails to designated folders?
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please how your transferring the emails to folders? Are you dragging them to the folder? And how long is it taking?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm clicking the "MOVE" button and it takes 15 to 20 seconds for it the list of folders to pop up. It used to pop up instantly of about 2 weeks ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Can you do the following please in Safari

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Advanced tab.

Select: Show Develop menu in menu bar

Now from the menu bar click Develop > then click Empty Caches

Then close Safari, open it and tell me if you still have the problem please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After clicking "Develop", there is no button to click "Empty Caches."
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You will then see it under Safari (when you click it) Clear History and website data

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still don't see "Empty Caches."
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, I think you missed my last instructions as your using a version that words it different, which I explained. I will repeat again below

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've done all the things you said - I did find "Emoty Caches" - but it has not changed how long it takes for the "Move" list of folders to come up. It takes what seems forever for it to pop up on the screen. It used to be instantaneous.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you go to www.google.com/chrome

Download and install Google Chrome and with this installed, open it and within Google Chrome, go to Yahoo and access it.

Tell me how it now functions in Google Chrome please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It works better that way - but there is still hesitation before the "Move" list pops up.
thank you for your help. Roger
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, to be sure Roger that's its nothing on your computer, I advise you do the following.

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did all the things suggested and the only problem disc repair found was with Volume. The pull down "Move" still takes several seconds to appear.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, remove the power to your internet modem and wait 5 minutes.

While waiting, power off the mac.

Connect the internet modem, wait 5 minutes, power on the Mac and tell me if the speed has increased please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No change - the MOVE list still runs slow.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

What is the make and model of the router?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's provided by AT & T Uverse. Motorola NVG589
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Can you on the back of the router hold the reset button in for 10 seconds then release.

Wait 5 minutes, restart the computer and tell me if you still have the problem please