Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Experience:  I have 7+ years of experience in fixing emails issues.
33602187

I forgot my password to log in on my computer, how do fix

Customer Question

I forgot my password ***** log in on my computer, how do fix this?
Category: Email
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Sandy and I look forward to help you today with the best answer possible.

I'm sorry about the issue.

I will work with you until it gets fixed. This is a question and answer session. Please do not hesitate to reply back to me at the box given below.

Could you please tell me about your computer operating system? Windows 7/8/10

Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

I'm ready to help you further. Please let me know. Thank you, Sandy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using windows 8.
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

Step A. Restart your laptop and then try to enter your password *****

Step B: Login into your account using all small letters instead of using any or all of them using capital.

Step C: Restart your computer. Disconnect and reconnect your network cable/adapter. If you're using a router, reboot this too.

Step D: Try starting in safe mode and try to login in there If your PC boots to the Login Screen, hold down Shift key before hitting 'Restart' button

E. There are two types of password ***** Windows 8, a local user account and an online Live Account password. that windows uses.

If you are using the Online Live Account to login, please go to
www.live.com and log in there. If you are not able to login there, please change your password ***** clicking forgot your password. You can than use this new password ***** your computer.

F. If none of these work, I suggest you to restore the computer to factory settings. Please tell me the make of the computer. HP, Dell, Acer, Toshiba or other.