James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I cannot get my email with my Outlook. I had an att email

Customer Question

I cannot get my email with my Outlook. I had an att email acct. but I prefer using Outlook for email. I know I am receiving email but I can't retrieve it, nor can I send emails.
Category: Email
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. May i connect with you remotely to test/troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I sent request for remote service. Please accept it then follow steps here to connect with me. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this in addition to the $36 I paid?

Yes, it is for the remote service.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I get my money back? I can get local support for less.

Local support is never cheap as far as i know. Geeksquad charges around $100. You have the option to continue in question/answer mode or with another expert who may login without remoting in? The $24 in addition for remote is a fixed charge regardless of how much time i spend in working on your computer remotely. Would you like a refund or other expert?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought I read there was a $5.00 deposit and then you would fix my email problem for an additional $31.00. I was not clear on the charges when I started this.

That is correct. What you paid is for assistance via question/answer meaning, we chat here to address the issue. If you do that; then there will be no remote.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if the problem is not fixable with Q&A session?

Then the expert will opt out when he runs out of ideas; and opens the question to other experts. With remote it is sort of a guaranteed fix; and in Q/A mode it just takes a lot of time to do.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks, ***** ***** opt out with a refund for now. I will wait for my techie friend to come and fix it. I know it is a simple fix. I just don't know how to fix it.

Okay. I will request the refund. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I receive a refund email receipt?

I have sent the request from here; for further billing questions please email***@******.***. Since i am a tech only; i have no access to it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, I can't retrieve emails sent to me, but I can send emails out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check with PayPal to make sure I have not been charged as I have not received service.

There phone number is *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks, bye

Welcome.