Gary Jensen
Gary Jensen,
Experience:  Functional Systems Administrator at Hill Air Force Base, OO-ALC/309SMXG
13452844

Can send but not able to receive IMAP emails thru Outlook

Customer Question

can send but not able to receive IMAP emails thru Outlook 2007-server is on 1and1.com
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.

May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?

Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
another problem I am having is that I am not able to setup Windows Remote Assistance -- I believe they are related

I will use my own remote server. I will be able to fix this for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I agreed to pay $18 not $45

Okay. The remote is extra. We don't have to do that, if you don't wish. What error are you given when you attempt to send?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no errors -- I'm sending from Hotmail: is that ok? The only error it gives in Hotmail is "Delivery Status Notification (failure)" and the error comes up just a few seconds after I hit the "send".

You are sending from Hotmail.com or from Outlook?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
from Hotmail.com to Outlook on my pc

What does that mean? Which application do you open when you read your emails?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had sent a test email from my Hotmail.com account to my email address on the 1and1.com server which I read in Outlook on my pc.I just tried sending a test email from my Gmail account to the Outlook account on my computer where I am having the problem -- The following error printed from Gmail:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain xxxxxx by xxxxxx [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx].
The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.1.1 : Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table
Do I need to take up the problem with 1and1.com where the server is located for my email address being received by Outlook?

This is a complicated issue requiring a complicated process to be followed. You do not wish for me to remote in and do this for you.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to leave -- I will look at the email and have to connect with you later today -- thanks for your assistance

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that a total charge of $25 (5 deposit + 20 phone call) OR $38 (18 for the initial service + 20 for the phone call) ??
Expert:  Gary Jensen replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this issue. I have read the information above. Can ask a couple of questions to make sure I understand: When you refer to "Outlook," are referring to the Microsoft office program? Does the email address with the problem behavior end with "@1and1.com," or something other than "@hotmail.com" or "@outlook.com?"

Are you able to send or receive email messages to/from any other email addresses?

When Microsoft decided to rename their web-based email service from "hotmail.com" to "Outlook.com," I think that it creates confusion when trying to understand what is meant by sending to "Outlook" on the computer. It can be interpreted as either the Microsoft office program Outlook which can be connected to various mail servers, but it could also refer to running Microsoft's Web-based email which is now also called Outlook (I know that this is a long explanation, but I'm hoping this will get us on the same page so that we can troubleshoot the problem). Please let me know about this, and we will move forward with the solution.

Thanks,

Gary

Hello, this is Gary from JustAnswer: Just checking in to see if you still need assistance. I am happy to continue working with you.

Thanks!